Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whew!

Gosh, it's been a while! I've been extremely busy with boys, husbands, housework, and summer frivolities.

As I mentioned in my last post, I canceled my Weight Watchers membership to save some money. I was originally planning on flying solo with it, but I've decided to focus more on exercise and eating fresh, natural foods.

My husband is planning on joining the US Navy in a few months. He's been going to the gym faithfully for the past couple months, and I'm starting to notice a difference. *insert cat calls here* Since he's getting on the Move More bandwagon, I decided to put more focus into losing weight through daily exercise.

I've done pretty well. I started a routine, and I think I actually stand a chance of sticking to it. I have some DVDs I'm following, and I've been walking in the park when it's not too hot. I feel pretty good after working out. It really helps my energy level and moodiness. I think this will really be a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. The Navy! Wow! My dad was in the Navy, both active duty and reserves for 20 years. My husband is in the Air Force. To me there are only three big down falls to military life, not including deployments.
    1. Housing is not consistent from base to base. We had great housing in CA and bad housing here in NC.
    2. Medical. Tricare is there to cover you, but the state medicaid I had in Nebraska was better. Tricare makes you work for what you want and need.
    3. The worst, schools. Schools are not the same from one state to the next, and that includes military installations. Our school on base in CA was a CA public school and it was excellent, our school here in NC is a DoDEA school (dept of defense school) and it is so behind...

    Other than that, I love military life. I love being an Air Force wife, I love moving every few years, I love seeing my husband in uniform, I love hearing The National Anthem every night at 5 pm and Tapps every night at 9 pm. I love living on base, love shopping at the commissary, and love the pride I feel in my husband and country.

    I hope if your dh goes Navy you get to travel, live in nice housing, and find good schools! And I hope he doesn't get deployed for 15-18 months like the Army guys do. I don't know much about Navy life, we live on an Air Force base next to an Army post, but there isnt' Navy close enough by for me to know what their life is like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the husband's progress, lol.. And way to go for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for you! Listen to your body, and I'm sure you'll do fine!!

    And you get a hubby in a uniform soon? Lucky you. :D I wish you both much sucess and happiness.

    ReplyDelete